In the world today, the building industry has been making waves through its latest advancements and technicalities. In fact, the concept of building involves a lot of engineering effort and technological advances. The building industry has already reached its pinnacles. For example, skyscrapers are examples of architectural wonders in the construction industry.
When it comes to the building industry, concrete is essential to the core. Concrete materials have been the cornerstone of all kinds of building activities. Because of its multifunctional characteristics, concrete has almost become the number-one formula. Well, what about concrete column formwork? This is a kind of shutter. Shuttering is nothing but a temporary set-up made from a number of planks in order to support concrete that is setting.
Similarly, the so-called concrete column formwork is nothing but a set of concrete with strong steel frames aimed at reinforcing the building structure.
Various Types Of Concrete Column Formwork:
Remember, it is all about the basic engineering of the building work. Let there be no confusion at all. Finally, it is all about giving utmost strength to your building through various complicated procedures like concrete columns formwork. This is what most construction experts have been doing in the industry.
Well, let us look into some of the different types of concrete column formwork as follows:
- Timber concrete column formwork: The most flexible formwork, builders still follow this formwork. Timber concrete column formwork is entirely built on timber. Its lifespan is too short. However, many builders use this formwork because of its affordability in terms of costs.
- Insulated concrete column formwork: This formwork is built on the lines of insulating concrete forms. This structure has strong advantages in terms of strength, speed and superb acoustic and thermal insulation.
- Plastic concrete column formwork: This formwork is used to build simple concrete structures. Suitable for low-cost housing plans, it is lightweight yet robust.
- Flexible concrete column formwork: Taking advantage of the fluid nature of concrete, this formwork uses light yet strong fabric sheets to create highly optimised building structures.
- Structural concrete column formwork: This structure is assembled on the lines of prefabricated plastic forms. It is mainly used for columns and piers. This also protects concrete against environmental threats like corrosion.
Having discussed all these formworks, it is clear that all the concrete works have been going through a lot of architectural methods as described above.
Important Features Of Concrete Column Formworks:
Formworks are multifunctional. Being the centre of all the concrete works on-site, the perfect formwork should fulfil the following criteria:
- Formwork should be propped or braced either horizontally or vertically.
- It should have the structural capacity to support all the dead and live loads.
- Formworks should always be on the firm base. The formwork materials should not get distorted when exposed.
- On top of all formworks especially joints should be leakage-proof so that cement grout could not leak.
Only through these salient features will we be able to get the concrete structures to international standards. There have been numerous formwork companies and experts in countries like Australia.
These highly qualified professionals are able to produce the most perfect concrete column formworks to achieve the desired results in the construction of wide and high structures.